Last Updated: September 1, 2018
Welcome to EmpowermentPublishing.com, a Web site ("Site") of Seachange Publishing Group, LLC ("we" or "us").
1. What is the information that we collect and why?
We collect two types of personal information from you depending on how you choose to interact with the Site. The first type is personal information that you actively choose to disclose and the second type is anonymous aggregate information collected in a manner not visible to you or others visiting the Site.
- Information You Give Us. We receive and store any information you enter on our Site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. Examples of personally identifiable information that you provide to us may include your first and last name, mailing address, email address, billing address, credit card or bank account information, and other persistent identifiers that can be used to personally identify you. We use the information that you provide for purposes such as processing your order, responding to your requests and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information. We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. We record information relating to your use of the Site, such as the information you click on and items that you browse, purchase, download, preview, read and otherwise access. We also record information relating to your browser type, IP address, referring URL, and timestamp information. We use this type of information to administer the Site and provide the highest possible level of service to you. We may also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site.
2. How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to provide you with superior customer experience and, as necessary, to administer our business. For example, we use your information to:
- Provide you with products, services and information, including product and subject recommendations and other information through emails and on the Site;
- Administer our eBook store and other promotional programs;
- Provide customer service
- Conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop and improve our products and services;
- Communicate with you about special offers, events, or new products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Customize and enhance our Site and advertising;
- Make communications necessary to notify you regarding security, privacy and administrative issues; and
- Manage our business.
3. What about cookies and other technology?
4. With whom do we share information?
- Affiliates. We work closely with affiliates and may share your personal information with such business units as we operate our store, provide services or sell product lines jointly with these businesses.
- Third Party Service Providers. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, sending emails, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- With Your Consent. Other than as set above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
5. How do we secure personal information?
We take significant and appropriate security measures, including physical, technological and procedural measures, to help to safeguard your personal information and to prevent unauthorized access and disclosure. We also use industry-accepted standards to protect your information, including SSL encryption if transmitting sensitive information. While we are focused on the security of your personal information, you must remember that the Internet is a global communications vehicle open to threats, viruses and intrusions from others and so we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that we will be able to protect your personal information at all times and in all circumstances.
6. How do we respect your choices about your personal information?
You must enter the exact the email address you wish to unsubscribe. Note that you may continue to receive email communications from us for up to 10 business days from the time we receive your unsubscribe request. We have no ability to remove your data from any third-party list. You will need to contact these parties directly in order to stop receiving communications from them.
Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional communications, you may continue to receive emails and notifications relating to order confirmations and other transactional communications.
Do-Not-Track Policy. We honor "do-not-track" signals and therefore do not track individuals' online activities over time and across third party sites.
Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with certain personal information, we strive to maintain the accuracy of this information. If you want to review, update, correct or remove your personal information, you may send a request to [email protected] and we will make reasonable efforts to comply as soon as possible. You must send your request from the email address you provided at the time of registration so we can uniquely identify you. All such requests are subject to execution of a release form that will be provided to you for this purpose.
No Users Under 18; COPPA. If you are under 18, you may not access or use the Site or any of our services. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE AND/OR OUR SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD. In compliance with COPPA, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under 13.
No International Users. THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE NOT OFFERED FOR USE BY PERSONS RESIDING IN JURISDICTIONS OTHER THAN THE CONTINENTAL U.S. AND ALASKA AND HAWAII. If you live in any location other than the 50 states comprising the United States of America, you may not use the Site.
Consent to International Transfer. Information we collect may be transferred, stored or processed in any country that we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, third party service providers or agents maintain facilities. By using the Site or Services you consent to any such transfer, storage and processing of information.
8. Whom do you contact if you have questions or concerns?
C/O Seachange Publishing Group, LLC
1489 West Warm Springs Road, Suite 110 - 182
Henderson, NV 89014